11.05.2006

Warning: Do Not Attempt This At Home

So I thought I would just try on Salina just to see if I was even close to the right size:

Sorry about the blurryness of it, this is a mirror shot taken at night sans flash. Can you see the sides? The shoulder seams? I pinned her together with my T-pins that I use for blocking. Stabbed myself about 7 times getting her over my head. But I like what I see!

I'm working on sleeve 1 now; it is about halfway done. One concern I have is that it seems way too big for my skinny arms. Also I don't think I want to use the sleeve length as written in the pattern. The pattern length makes them "bracelet length", which on me looks like my sleeves are just too short. (I have long arms.) I am thinking 3/4 length maybe. Does anyone out there have any experience modifying this pattern?

5 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far it looks perfect on you! I have to modify every pattern so far, but I'm not familiar with Salina's!
BTW, don't know what hapenned, but I couldn't leave comment in your previous post because my computer showed me only half of post! But let me tell you - no matter how much I a impatient with opera, Nessun dorma is great aria!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger schrodinger said...

It's looking great! I don't have any advice on modifying sleeves I'm afraid, I'm about to try that for the first time ever soon.

I, too, had trouble commenting on your last post (blogger just wouldn't let me), but wanted to say I was impressed by the ingenuity of using a cork board for blocking.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger jennie said...

As a fellow "long arm"-er, I'd definitely modify the sleeves (although I'd probably lengthen and not shorten...) I haven't knit the sweater, although I'm looking at the pattern now. I'd figure out your row gauge, and add a few more stockinette repeats before the first sleeve increase (so, if you're knitting the smallest size, do 15 or 16 rows instead of 12)

What yarn are you using?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Oh it looks great! Excuse me while I go to the corner and try and cope with my sweater envy. ;-)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

This looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the finished project - at this rate you will have this done before I graft BYL together - yikes! Keep me under pressure why don't you?:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home