10.21.2006

Gone But Not Forgotten

Goodbye Backyard* Leaves! I took her on a tour of Central Park to try to get a good photo, but this was the best I could do:

This scarf is pure luxury and I hope my pal likes it! She was knit with about 3 1/2 skeins of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran color 300617, a sort of dusky lilac, although that's not quite right. Trying to come up with a name for this color is hard! I can't think of anything in nature that is quite this shade and hue.

I like this pattern a lot, it is pretty simple and straigtforward once your fingers get the hang of it. I think I will definately make it again. One thing I would do differently is use a different yarn - the DB is jus a little too soft to really make the pattern pop, and there is still a bit of curling at the edges that I couldn't fix with blocking. The yarn is super, I love it, just maybe not for this pattern. The pattern actually calls for Karabella Aurora 8, but I have never used that yarn. Sorry secret pal! Still I think it is great.

I am sending her on her way with a few local goodies acquired at the Union Square farmer's market. I am a big fan of consumable gifts:

Soap, jam, and candle, but not the basket!

Au revoir!

*I actually typed Backyarn. Whoops!

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger peaknits said...

Your Backyard Leaves is gorgeous! I am using Rowan Cashoft - so I think I understand where you are coming from on using something next time for more pattern definition. But I love it! I'm working on it today - thank you for your inspiration!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is GREAT! No way ISE Pal wouldn't like it - she'll adore it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home