9.12.2007

One of These Things is Not Like the Other

2007-09-12_one_of_these_things.jpg

It may be difficult to discern from the photo, but one of these needles is yellow and the other is pink. Even worse, one of these needles is a size 8 and the other is a size 5.

I am an idiot.

I decided to go down that long road and rip the finished pieces and reknit them. This may lead to much weeping and sighing and gnashing of teeth, I do not know. Indeed, it has already lead to some angst, as you can clearly see. It only took me twenty-two rows to realize the mistake. The most ridiculous part of it is that I kept wondering, as I was reknitting the back, why the right-side rows were so much tighter than the wrong-side rows, and thinking that it looked lik a$$, and reflecting on how it wasn't like that last time 'round. Obviously I was not reflecting hard enough.

So yes, I have decided to try and modify the pattern, for better or worse. I am attempting (as there is no guarantee of success) to incorporate the idea of a more fitted waist gleaned from Pikku-Kettu (thank you Ravelry), but with invisible (more or less) increases. I have also decided to attempt to shorten the armholes, since I skinny little bird arms, and simultaneously shorten the waist just a smidge, since I am also short-waisted. I'm a mess, I know. We'll see if this will be in any way successful, or if I am just playing with fire. (Oh, yes, I am also slipping the first stitch of every row, to help make the seaming neater and easier, as I think there were slipped selvedge stitches in Salina. Oh God I hope so, because I am too lazy to look back at my notes now and too far along to want to rip again anyway.) I've just reached the point of the armhole decreases (again) but I had to stop to blog. Also, Mary is sleeping on top of the piece right now.

All the while the Entrelac Scarf has been sighing that it could have been finished by now.

2007-09-12_not_done.jpg

I'm very nearly finished with the third ball of Noro, and I would have sworn that I would have been starting on that fourth and final ball at the start of the next tier, but it looks like there might one or two more tiers left to it. I still have not decided what to do about the back, if anything. This, incidentally, is where the errant size 5 needle came from - it was sitting on the bed at the same time as the sweater yarn and needles. Bad scarf.

More fun shopping:

2007-09-12_organic.jpg

I saw this at the local Safeway and couldn't resist. They never have had any organic meats before, not even chicken, although they do stock organic eggs and dairy and a few vegetables. Could they (at least, my local store) be changing their priorities?

And finally, how about some cuteness?

2007-09-12_adorable.jpg

Cute to the n-th degree,

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*slaps forehead* oh nooooo!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Ai Yah! Maybe a suitable sacrifice to the knitting goddesses is required on both our parts.

And the cuteness! The cuteness overwhelms. *ahh*

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The kitten cuteness takes aways all the knitting pain, doesn't it???

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Been there done that .... a couple times. Last time it was a size 9 and a size 6. like those two even look the same. **sigh** feeling your pain.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Eeeek! Sorry about that! I have to admit I've done it before myself so I feel your pain!

I can't wait to see your duster though. I've been on the fence about the pattern but I love the mods on the one you just posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home