8.17.2007

Wallowing...

Thanks for the advice re: the entrelac scarf. Unfortunately, the back of my project is not very, um, regular, because although I do rather like the egg-carton texture of it I rather think it isn't good enough for a gift. I like the idea of a backing, but wasn't really all that keen on knitting one in stockinette. I'm not sure if a silk backing or a fleecy one would be better - it's supposed to be warm (it is a scarf after all) but at the same time silk is so pretty... But, I'm not exactly a sewer (by which I mean one who sews, not one into which sewage flows). I did at one point own a sewing machine, but the only thing I ever used it for was to make pillowcases (nice straight seams, no interfacing or whatever it's called) and to to sew the selvedge edge of monks cloth to do swedish weaving. I don't have that machine any more. I honestly can't see myself hand-sewing a backing onto a scarf because I'm not that good and the stitches would be obviously uneven. This is not to say I may not acquire a sewing machine between now and Christmas, it is, after all, only August. (Only August!) What to do, what to do...

Meanwhile, I have been wallowing. In Ravelry.

I have a confession. I got my invite on June 5th. I only just now started playing around with it.

What was I thinking?

For those of you already in you know how awesome it is. For those of you not in yet, know that your day is coming, and soon, and know that it is more awesome than you can possibly image. Seriously. Awesome. I forsee entire days lost to stash-photographing and project documenting. (Start early people, and use Flickr, that's all I have to say.)

My handle is ladyknitterly, of course. I haven't joined any groups yet. (Suggestions?) Scusi ora, ho bisogno a pensare alla mia queue...

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger peaknits said...

Ravelry is an addictive black hole - I have found more yarn to jones, and some really neat people with cool blogs! Have fun! I'll look for you!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Opal said...

i added you to my friends. if you check out my profile you can see which groups i belong to and then see if any of them interest you. the lace group is my favorite though.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Ravelry holds untold treasures, I love the 'add to my queue' function, it is so helpful for organizing projects, etc. Have a ball with it!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

ravelry is an amazing tool for me, but I have so many items in my "queue"
AND I just keep adding more - when exactly I'm supposed to get these things done is anyone's guess.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't one of those Waco-type things... please tell me I won't see footage of you with the yarn thugs burning acrylic on CNN? Because you know I'd stage an intervention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home