8.26.2007

Say Goodbye

This sock is going away.


It isn't going to a new home, it's just going away. I haven't really talked about it except to mention that I cast on during the craziness that was June in the middle of packing for a cross-country move. I've know it for a while, but I didn't have the guts to admit that I am going to have to rip and entire 12" length sock, including successful heel turn and gusset decreases. I put it on again today to gauge if the foot needed more decreases to be snug, and I finally caved. There's nothing you can say to stop me. The deed is done. There is no record of the carnage. We will start anew.

I must say as a caveat that I don't dislike the idea of the sock - not at all. My gauge is just a wee bit finer than that called for in the pattern. About 1 stitch per inch. This caused unacceptable stretch in the pattern stitches, which results in the shaping rows to be really obvious (and really ugly). The space between the k2tog and the next single knit stitch were also pulled apart rather dramatically, causing a bar of yarn to be clearly visible (almost like another yarn over). It was not pretty. Perhaps I will try again. I was so looking forward to some lovely knitted knee socks for the autumn.

Here's something on a more cheery note:

Sweet William

A little something I picked up from the farmer's market on Saturday.

4 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Oh. :-( My condolensces. Better luck next time!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, sometimes frogging is just what needs to happen...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

Awww! RIP sock, sometimes you just have to do it though. Pretty flowers - can almost smell them from here :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Sorry about the sock but damn the beautiful photo of the flowers make it all a little less painful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home