1.06.2007

Sirius-ly

I mentioned a few days ago that my sister collaborated with the rest of the family to orchestrate the best Christmas ever (for me, anyway). Here's one reason:

My very own Sirius! And a subscription for one full year (6 months from my sister and 6 months from my parents). The channel I'm tuned to here? Met Opera Radio of course! I am in heaven.

On with the resolutions:

Resolution #4

I will drink less coffee. And soda.

We all know that caffeine is "bad" for you, if for no other reason than it is addictive. Oh, you didn't know that? Just ask my tired self every morning before my ritualistic coffee consumption, and then ask my same self again afterward. Soda is similarly bad. (Plus it rots your teeth.) Back in college (at which time I didn't drink coffee) I had a caffeine withdrawl reaction so bad once that my hands shook. This kind of madness must stop.

Since it would be pretty hard to just quit cold turkey (and since I don't think I could anyway), I am going to try slowing backing off of the coffee and soda consumption. This will be accomplished in part by supplimenting my beverage intake with tea. At last count there are something like 15 different varieties of tea in the kitchen cabinet - so this is keeping with Resolution #3 as well!

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger peaknits said...

Best of luck with your resolution #4, I'm a bit of a soda hound and walk almost daily for my "fountain soda" at a gas station down the street from work - it's mother's milk! But then I read that it reduces bone density...so I think I better climb aboard with you and try to limit my soda. We can do it:)

Your new satelite radio rocks!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Diane said...

WWWAAAAA now I want sirius radio too. I work at home so it would be nice to listen to something other than the junk on the radio.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

What a fantastic present! I need to cut back on soda too - particularly the caffeinated stuff. I realised the last couple of months I've been getting headaches if I don't have caffeine all morning - yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home