12.21.2006

A Little Dedication

Will wonders never cease! Look at what a little dedication will get you:

Hello hoochy mamma!

Don't worry, there is a garter stitch border that must be at least an inch wide (I'm guessing) that gets knitted to the neck edge. I have started with the lace border (bottom) instead of moving on to the sleeves because I have an issue with the pattern. Maybe you can offer some advice. As you can see in the photo from the magazine the stylists have cleverly hidden the bottom cuff of the sleeves. Why? Because there is no bottom cuff. The pattern basically says cast on x stitches and knit in stockinette (with some increases). While I do like the way the model wears the sweater over a button down shirt I don't think I always would wear it that way, and an unfinished edge is just plain ugly I think. But the sweater is very "elegant" (I can't think of a better word) and too much fussiness at the cuffs wouldn't be good either. What do you think? Ribbing? A knitted hem? Something else?

Mary thinks she is not getting enough blog-time, so here she is in Part 2 of her continuing coverage of "If it's a Box, It Must be for Me":

If I could just push some of these socks out of the box,
then there will be room for me!


She also would like to let everyone know that alarm clocks do indeed make good pillows (and desk lamps make good tanning beds).

Shhh... I'm trying to sleep. And get a tan.

My apologies to everyone I owe a note to - 'tis the season for running around like a chicken with its head cut off!

I leave you with some further amusement:

You know it's my fav tenor again, but why does he have a dead bird on his head?
(Really, I would like to know what the costume designer was thinking.)

3 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger Opal said...

That sweater is really looking good! I think a little ribbing would be just right for the sleeves.

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about lacey edge? If not than I would go with hem!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

The sweater is looking good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home