1.03.2007

Resolution #2

I will allow myself the freedom to spend as much money as I want (within reason) on cultural events.

For example, tonight I went to I Puritani!
(Though this ticket is already paid for.)


Opera is one of the few things in this world that I really love. Opera tells stories that transcend time and geography. This music was written by great masters, in some cases hundreds of years ago, yet still has the power to enchant us with its beauty, haunt us with its power, and linger in our minds long after the final notes have been sung and and the final chords played. The performances themselves can be pure magic. Not all the time, but some of the time. The mere possibility is a thrilling prospect.

I live in a fantastic city that affords so many opportunities to see world-class performing arts of all kinds. As long as it doesn't land me on the street I've decided that I am willing to forgo a lot of convienences in order to take advantage of those opportunities. This means I may have to knit from my stash until it is all knitted up. But I don't have space to store it anyway.

Excuse me, I need to go buy a ticket to Rossini's Otello. Knitting content tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Opal said...

What a fantastic attitude you have! Fantastic resolution!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! It is a fantastic resolution!! I hope you keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home