1.27.2009

Love and Peace!

Half of the Cardinal is done and I was too excited and couldn't wait until I finished the second skein for the big reveal!

2009-01-25_cardinal_2_plys.jpg
Two cops of singles awaiting plying.

2009-01-25_cardinal_plying_ball.jpg
Plying ball (2 plies wrapped together).

2009-01-25_cardinal_skeined.jpg
The finished skein, which was whacked to within an inch of its life - it really works!

I am so incredibly, inordinately proud of this little skein. It's 90 yds of love. I just want to snuggle it and pet it, seriously. It's like yarn. Real yarn. (Doesn't it look like real yarn?) It's soft and shiny and mostly even. It's 1.5oz big, which means that if I keep spinning the way I have been (fingers crossed, and I'm halfway through with the remainder already) I'll end up with about 180 yds of 2-ply fingerling (~14 wpi). It's new name is Vash the Stampede, having been inspired by the Humanoid Typhoon's stylistic choices in wardrobe and firearms, not to mention his mantra.

2009-01-25_cardinal_skeined2.jpg
Love and Peace!

Pass the doughnuts.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Real yarn indeed, as in real NICE yarn. Or Really Nice Yarn. Most excellent! I love the way the colours mingled.

I'm only quarter-way done, but I hope my green one comes out as well.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Since I have never tried (nor though of) my own yarn - all I can do is to watch yours and marvel!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Opal said...

it's gorgeous yarn! you have every right to be proud. i'd take it to bed and snorgle it, if it were mine. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home