12.10.2008

There are Standards and Then There are Standards...

... and one of the new standards has just got to be Santa Baby as sung by the inestimable Eartha Kitt. A gold standard for sure. I'll bet Eartha had Santa eating right out of her hand, don't you think?

Not much to report here. Spun a tiny bit of fluff but my hands were tired from the work I did today. Have not quite gotten the charts for Henley worked out. The new Knitty is out, and though I am not a big bobble fan I have to say that I am enamored with Surface. Well, it is a Norah Gaughan design, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Reclaimed my box of holiday cards out my spare bedroom, which has been kept shut to preserve heat in the rest of the apartment and which will henceforth be known as the Walk-In Freezer. I got the cards out, but haven't written them out yet. I'm feeling the pressure, as I have already received a few in the mail. Since I have nothing else to show, take a gander at what I'm sending this year:

2008-12-10_xmas2.jpg


2008-12-10_xmas1.jpg

I always buy cards after Christmas. (The sales, oh, the sales! Why would you ever pay full price for holiday cards?) These are from last year, or possibly the year before. Aren't they cute? The red one features cutouts and the other one, well, who could resist those birds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home