12.19.2008

Dear People Who Knit Chunky Things with Chunky Yarn,

Why?

2008-12-19_chunky.jpg

And this is not even that chunky. Boy do my hands hurt. I thought I could whip off a sweet hat in a couple of days, but I still have four more inches to go. Four more inches!

Henley and I had a wee falling out - I knit all the way to the end of the first lace row only to discover that I had started the chart one stitch too far to the left and therefore the lace motif was not centered. I couldn't have that. I started ripping back, but since I've knit the body in the round it was quite a long way. I flung the half-ripped piece into the knitting basket and didn't pick it up again until today. I finished ripping back and knitted the row again.

Wrong again.

Part of the problem may be that there is a random stitch marker in the middle of the row on the right front side. No idea what it's there for. Completely messed me up, I am positive.

I'm giving my hands a break from the chunkies and trying it again. Third time's a charm?

3 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Opal said...

i have problems with chunky yarn too. or even with big needles. my hands just ache.

otoh, the yarn you're using is just gorgeous!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

don't give up! Finish this one and never touch chunky yarn again!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I'm with you - after being a sock knitter forever, knitting a sweater on 8's about gave me carpal tunnel - chunky is sure project death:) Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home