9.17.2006

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Can you believe this weather? Low 80's, sunny, light breeze. Is it Indian Summer already? Either way, I am loving it.

I finished the back of Salina! Here she is blocking:


I love what blocking does for the garment, but I hate to do it. This bit of blocking took me about an hour. Yes, an hour. Here is an example of what goes on while I am blocking:
  1. Measure and pin out bottom edge.
  2. Measure and pin out top edge.
  3. Starting at the bottom start measuring and pinning up the sides.
  4. Reach the top with either a) too much or b) too little fabric left.
  5. Curse.
  6. Unpin part of the piece and adjust.
  7. End up with the right length.
  8. Check for symmetry.
  9. Curse.
  10. Unpin part of the piece and adjust.
  11. Repeat from 4.
I so need (want) a blocking board, but I can't justify the expense on my budget.

I just love the look of seed stitch.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also dislike blocking! Sometimes, before blocking I think it would be less painful if I stick those pins in my head!
Salina is progressing nicelly! Keep on going!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger MLFTC said...

I am helping Kristy respond to all the knitters that have signed up for CAP!Thank you so much! We are so excited about the tremendous response! We are sure that this will be a success. If you have any questions you can e-mail at grandmotherpurl@hotmail.com

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth did you take that picture of the blocking??? Were you standing on the chair next to the railing? *sigh* It's coming along beautifully, but maybe next time use a spotter? *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home