9.16.2006

Fallen Off the Wagon

It is true, I have indeed fallen. After having made such good progress with my WIP pile I have backslid (backslided?) to my harlot ways. This afternoon I cast on for this:

Oriel Begins.

The wee beginnings of an Oriel sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. It took me three or four tries to get a good cast on that I liked and joined to work in the round. It took forever. This is my first toe up sock! I am already thinking it is turning out too big, even though I have miraculously gotten gauge. Will I stop? Naw, of course not. Better to put in two or three more hours of work first.

This morning dawned beautifully with clear skies and copious sunshine. Great, I thought, I can get some good photos of Icarus! After I go to the farmers market. Now, I go to the Union Square farmers market because they have the best stuff, but it is not at all close, especially with all the weekend subway construction. In addition, it is really crowded on a typical Saturday. (They had mums and pumpkins already!) By the time I got home it was overcast. Oh the irony! (Not really, just annoying. Seize the day, or moment, or whatnot, don't put off until later what you can do now, etc. etc. ) So this is the best I can so (sigh).

Icarus hangs out on the clothesline and checks out the backyard.

Lovely lovely border detail.

In other knitting news, I have about 4 inches left to go to the neck bindoff on the back of the Salina sweater. Gosh, if I hadn't spent so much time on the damn sock I would have been done already!

No further progress on Backyard Leaves. Sorry scarf exchange pal! No worries though, I am well ahead of schedule.

I have also spent some spare moments here and there working on the Absorba/Log Cabin Rug, but there really is nothing much to see. Although I did realize that I did indeed have size 10 needles. You guessed it, they are being used on the rug.

Knit on!

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I couldn't stand it...I had to order SKS! I just learned toe-up socks as well from Wendy Knits! I think I really am enjoying seeing the progress, and if you might be short on yarn, always better to figure out on the way up, than the way down:) You can always make anklets...but toe-less?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home