8.17.2006

Blog Lite

Submitted for your approval:

Sixth Sense Socks from the Six Sock Knitalong a few months back. Knitted with the same stuff as the Harebell Lace socks from the previous day, but I actually don't have any of the info on them, like needle size or gauge or stitches cast on... I don't have any on-the-foot shots either, so this is going to be a rather boring post, knitting photo-wise.

I am almost (14 rows to go) done with the Icarus Shawl from the Summer 2006 IK. I am knitting it in Knitpicks Shadow in the color of Sunset. Only 14 more rows! Except each row has about 300 stitches and takes me about 20 minutes to knit. Ugh. I don't have any photos of it, but it just looks like a big red blob right now anyway. Soon.

In lieu of other knitting content I would like to present Mary:


Also known as Meow Meow. Notice that Mary seems to have been perusing the latest issue of Interweave Knits (which, by the way, has so many patterns that I like!) before being distracted by something, um, up. (She has such good taste in reading material.)

Mary is a rescue cat from Hesperia, California. She is about 4 years old and is an Domestic medium-hair tortoiseshell, although I have had several people tell me (including a bona fide Norwegian!) that she looks very much like a Norwegian Forest Cat. I wish! (And so does she, by the way!) She has super long guard hairs on her ears, really furry toes, fluffy tail, pretty full ruff, and is soft like a bunny. Oh, and she talks like a monkey.

Leaving you with the view from my living room:

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Oooh, I wish our itty bitty DC apartment had a view and balcony like that.

Welcome to the SKS knitalong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home