8.16.2006

Jumping on the Bandwagon



After much hemming and hawing I have decided to jump on that oh-so-trendy bandwagon (at least for now) that is blogging. Cool, fun, interesting blogging.

Knit blogging.

A possible contradiction to be sure, after all, how can one consider the "coolness" of knitting and blogging in the same breath? Just visit Crazy Aunt Purl or See Eunny Knit if you don't believe me. And prepare to be greatly amused and inspired, respectively.

So in the spirit of my very first post I present to you my Harebell Lace socks from Sensational Knitted Socks:


Please excuse the bad photos, I am my own photographer and have an old camera.
Very old. Older than dirt. The resulting photos are very frequently very blurry. Anyway.

Knitted with Merinomix 50 Madil (50% fine merino/50% pac dralon) 3 skeins, 136yds/skein, using 5 US size 00 needles. My gauge was 9 stitches and 11 rows per inch and I cast on 66 stitches for a US size 8 woman's shoe. I call them M's Thank You Socks because I made them for my best friend and roommate as a thank you for putting me up and driving me to the train station at 5:30 in the morning every day for a month. (That takes a really good friend, let me tell you - even I didn't want to get up that early...) They look a little big on me because I have a slightly smaller foot than she does. I am
so pleased with the way these turned out - just check out the (blurry) detail:


Did I mention I like knitting socks?

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(OK, it didn't seem to take the first time, so sorry if this is a double comment!)

Those socks are SCRUMPTIOUS. Also, I am intimidated by the knitting greatness! ;)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Welcome to Blogland! I love your socks. They're really lovely.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Hawkesley said...

I love your socks. They're such a pretty pattern!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I'm not stalking you but found your blog through ISE:) - I love these socks - this book is a must-have (meaning I must-have soon)! And now I can peek in on your scarf progress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home