2.01.2009

Things that are Hard to Believe

1. It was 65 degrees yesterday. January 31st. There are days when I miss New England to the very depths of my soul. And then there are days like yesterday.

2. We are 1/12th of the way to 2010, at which point we can dispense with saying "two-thousand blah dee blah blah". It will just be "twenty-ten". Sweet.

3. I have not spun anything today, and in fact I still have not even plied the second skein of Cardinal Vash the Stampede! All in the name of Henley. Sleeve #1 is half done.

4. I think I may be turning into a plain old vanilla stockinette person. Doing all that stockinette on the lower sleeve yesterday was really nice. I was surprised.

5. Our California state income tax refunds may be held up because of the state government's inability to balance a budget. Luckily my state refunds tend to be small to non-existent. Still, really?

6. I have taken to drinking Kahlua and milk. Actually, that isn't all that hard to believe.

7. I have ordered a pound of fiber with which to spin and then knit a vest. Call the men in the white coats.

8. Spring is on the way. At least, it is here.

2009-01-30_blooms.jpg
Trees behind my office park, Friday. Would you look at that sky?

2009-01-30_blooms_zoom.jpg
No, I don't know what they are either.

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Dave said...

65 degreees? Envious, I am.

1 pound? Scared, I would be.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Opal said...

1 pound? to spin on a spindle? Oh yeah. I'm scared.

Dude. It's been in the lower 80's here. I hates it, but what should I expect?

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

Mimosas!!!! When I lived in Montenegro (to be precise, montenegrian coast) february was the month of mimosas and they were growing everywhere. Today, if I wanna mimosas - I have to pay quite a prise and they alway "die" the other day!
Memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home