12.05.2008

Last Time, I Swear

(Although who are we kidding, really?)

First off I have to say I did work on Henley, and just finished the fourth of six waist decreases - 12 more rows to go before it's worked even to the placket/underarm (whichever comes first, I'm not sure). I may try to steam the piece tomorrow (though all I have is a regular iron) to see how the hem is going to act.

And now for the really important stuff.

I finished spinning the starter fiber that came with the Learn to Spin kit, and I must say that I am really pleased with the result. Once again I Andean plied. I would have taken a photo of the yarn wrapped around my hand but the circulation was being cut off to my middle finger and it was starting to turn blue. So instead I just have a shot of the singles on my wrist, like a bracelet.

2008-12-05_andean_plying.jpg

I did find out that once you start Andean plying you are kind of stuck doing it until you are finished, because the yarn is all wrapped up in a neat little packet on your wrist.

After plying I wound it off onto a chair back.

2008-12-05_second_ounce.jpg

Would you look at that? I can absolutely not freaking believe it. That's approximately 60 yds of mostly even 2-ply. It has had a bath and is now hanging up in the bathroom and behaving very nicely. Wow.

PS Heat is lovely. Remind me this when the December gas bill comes.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dave said...

It looks wonderful -- you're a natural!! Now you have to try every single kind of fibre, and every blend, in every colour you can find. :-)

Blue fingers aren't good, tho. Next time you Andean ply with a bracelet, try this:

http://aestheticentanglementz.blogspot.com/2008/05/circulationits-good-thing.html

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Opal said...

i love the plying! you're a natural!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home