12.01.2008

Supporting the Economy Since 1998!

Even though we do not get ice here I had a little slip and fall.

2008-12-01_tsunami.jpg

And instead of working on Henley (or eat dinner) I worked on something else.

2008-12-01_yarn.jpg

That there is quite possibly the worlds most overspun and string-like first handspun. (Actually it didn't start out all that string-like, but as time went on I kept thinking "I wonder how small I can go?")

One cat thinks the spindle is a toy, while the other thinks the roving is a toy. But I have no photos because I kept trying to get them to not eat my new toy.

I am in love love love. I would also like to say thank you to Opal for all her awesome advice! This spindle is a Golding Tsunami. Boy do they have some lovely spindles, but I decided to go basic (and get their kit), you know, just in case.

Now I just need to figure out how to ply. And buy more roving. Yeah.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Yippee, another spindler! You'll love it. It's possibly even more addictive than knitting.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Oh! You already got it?! That was fast! Look at that crazy gorgeous yarn you're spinning up too. Woohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home