9.15.2007

Tilted Duster Woes, Part Deux

2007-09-15_duster_back.jpg

Can you see the mistake? Can you? I'm so ticked off at myself. It is more obvious in the photo, I think, than in person, and I'm not inclined to care, seeing as how I've knitted the back two times now. I finished the front panels (again), and though one is slightly smaller than the other I think I shall block it a tad more vigorously tomorrow and forget about it. They are the same number of rows and so I assume that the second one was knit at a slightly looser gauge than the first. I am rapidly losing my enamoration with this project.

I finished the first sleeve as well, during a Lord of the Rings marathon, and started the second as I begin the third movie. (Was I asleep in the theater during this movie? I can't remember it at all. Anyway.) I realized that since I resized the armscyes I had to refigure the sleeve caps as well. Crud. I've no idea if this was successful. The sleeve (which ended up being 3" longer than the schematic, 2" longer than I intended) is drying right now, so I'll know sometime tomorrow if I have to reknit the sleeve cap. And maybe shorten it. Oy.

2007-09-15_duster_pieces.jpg

Sandra, I think I need some cherry cordial. More on the Beaverslide tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger peaknits said...

You sound very determined! The mistake (whatever it is :-) is not noticable to me, I have to think a non-knitter would never see it. The yarn is such a pretty color! It will be all good in the end!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I couldn't see it either. Though it sounds like you are determined don't knit & drink Cherry Cordial at the same time! ;)

I hope it works out that your sleeve is OK!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

what mistake? where?
Yep, cherry rules!!!!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Opal said...

i totally can't see the mistake. i guess it's true what they say. we are our own worst critics. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home