7.29.2007

O Blogger, Where Art Thou?

I have been informed that I am being remiss in my blogging duties by not posting anything for several weeks at a time. I would understand it if folks started jumping ship at an accelerated rate (though I still apparently have 30 subscribers - who are you loyal fans? Thank you!) Anyway, needless to say, things have been quite busy here in my new home. I had hoped to provide a new banner photo to highlight the change, but alas, I have no optimal photos of that as yet. (Actually, I do have one photo, but I seem to have downloaded it to my other computer, and can't access it right now, seeing as how I am sitting on the couch.) So instead, I offer you a list of Things I Have Been Doing to convince you that I have not simply dropped off the face of the Bloggoverse:

1. I bought a new computer. As intimated in the previous paragraph (such as it is) it is a laptop. Hooray! Furthermore, it is a type of fruit. Needless to say I have been very busy playing with it and generally enjoying its non-desktopness and non-PCness.

2. I went to the wedding of two dear friends. I learned of the impending wedding of two more. It was beautiful and depressing all at once.

3. I enrolled in an Italian course at Istituto Italiano di Cultura in San Francisco. I have paid good money for said course in order to give me an incentive to actually go and learn something. It also gets me out of the house (fairly) early on Saturday mornings, when otherwise I might sleep until noon. Be prepared for badly written and grammatically incorrect Italian to appear on a blog near you very soon. You have been warned.

4. I attended two operas. I am making plans to attend a third in a few weeks. There sure are a lot of (small) opera companies in the Bay Area!

5. Work has been kicking my butt.

6. I have not bought a car.

7. I have bought a certain book that everyone has bought, but I have not read it yet, nor have I seen the movie yet. Don't tell me what happens!!

8. Knitting has occurred! But, sock knitting has been cast aside for the time being, as it is too hot and I missed the last two months of the SAM3 anyway. Instead I have embarked on an epic journey making one Mediterranean Lace shawl from A Gathering of Lace. It is the most intricate (and large) shawl I have attempted to date. I'm not sure what prompted me to make such a complicated pattern except that I have several cones of lace-weight yarn in the stash that have been begging to be used. Also, did I mention that it has been hot here. I am on row 160 of the center panel (total rows: 418). Lessons learned so far? Use stitch markers. Indeed.


That's it for the update! I hope to post more regularly from here on out...

4 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger peaknits said...

Glad you are getting settled in your new digs - hope everything is going smoothly! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures and this incredible shawl.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger southern gal said...

Yeah you're back!

Glad to read all the updates...can't wait to hear more about the operas... SFO should be pretty awesome!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Opal said...

It's so great hearing from you! Congratulations on the new computer and for tackling that Mediterranean Shawl. It's going to be beautiful in that purple.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad you're getting settled in. Taking an Italian class was a great idea! Check out Article Prakt when you get a chance, it's supposed to be amazing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home