3.01.2007

Zzzzzz....

I've been so busy that I've just plumb worn myself out. In addition to the knitting excitement around here, I've been to 3 opera performances in the past 10 days (2 of which were concert versions of operas, but lengthy nonetheless), a weekend-long dance-fest, topped off with 2 days in the field this week. I even skipped class this week. I'm tired.

A couple of fun things from some fantastic knitting buddies and yarn shops came in the mail over the past few days, but the camera battery seems to be dead. At least, that had better be all that's wrong with it. I think I have an extended warranty, but that would require finding it, packing up the camera, shipping it god-knows-where, and being sans camera for god-knows-how-long... I would prefer it if it were just the battery. Pretty please?

Work on the Pomatomus socks continues, if slowly. I've turned the second heel and, once I've picked up the gussett stitches I'm in the home stretch. I have a new name for it too, one that really resonates with me, but I'll save that for a post with photos and we'll see if you see what I see.

I've signed up for Sock Madness 2007. It's a kind of March Madness for knitters, and I've begun to think, "what have I got myself into?" The first round begins March 10th with a time trial. I hope I'm not socked-out by then.

I've frogged my Prairie Tunic as well. All it required was a redo of the front triangles (since I didn't see the errata until after knitting them). I have no idea what needles I used and didn't use the specified yarn. I have no patience to re-swatch. Besides, I wasn't really happy with some of the sections of the lace pattern. It was very uneven. Ce la vie! Now I need a newer, better pattern for that lovely linen yarn...

With the demise of Prairie Tunic that leaves me with just two WIPs. Two! One is, of course, Pomatomus, and the other is Absorba, the Rug. Absorba hurts my hands to knit for too long of a period (I am using 2 strands of kitchen cotton held together), but now I have no excuse not to make real progress on it! This one has been languishing in my basket for, oh, more than six months. It's time to get busy!

That's all for now. Detailed opera reports and knitting reports in the future... but not right now.

7 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, i joined sock madness too. i feel kinda crazy (aren't i supposed to be working on my dissertation right now?) but couldn't resist. it'll be fun!

can't wait to see your poma socks!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

Hmmm, you've got me all curious about this Sock Madness..now that I have abandoned my other WIP's to get back to socks:) Thank you very much!:)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger southern gal said...

OH YEAH you got in!

We can compare notes and maybe you can help - I'm a sock virgin!

are you listening to MEISTERSINGER? fabu!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will return tomorrow night with my magic same-camera-as-yours and the functioning battery, so we can put your brilliant theory to the test!

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really sound hectic!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Sock Madness does sound like madness. Good luck with that. No! Really! I'll be anxiously awaiting news on how you do and I'll also be cheering you on.

Your Absorba sounds like my Pirate hat. It hurts my hands so it languishes in the work basket. Though I think you have more reason to gripe then I do. Two strands of kitchen cotton? Ouch!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! Was checking out some of the other knitters in Sock Madness and found you, a fellow opera buff. Loved your musical blog content. See you in the competition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home