2.10.2007

Trellis Scarf

The gift, she is finished! You were right Veronique, it is indeed a Trellis Scarf:


Originally meant as a gift for my roommate for Chaunukah, then Christmas, then New Years... well, February 18th is Chinese New Year this year. Happy Chinese New Year roomie! 2007 is the Year of the Pig!


Project Specs:
Pattern: Trellis Scarf from IK Spring 2005
Yarn: Karabela lace mohair, 61% superkid mohair, 8% wool, 31% polamidic fibre
Needles: US size 4 (3.5mm) wooden straights
Size: CO 59 stitches; finished dimensions are 9.5" x 67"
Started: 28 August 2006 (This is the first reference to it that I have, but 2 pattern repeats were completed at that time already, so actually somewhat before that.)
Finished: 10 February 2007
Pattern Mods: Used the Karabella instead of KnitPicks alpaca cloud, which doesn't matter in the allergy department since I seem to be allergic to that as well... Also did 22 pattern repeats (see previous post) instead of 23.

7 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

Oh, love your new header! I just made one, not near as cool! I love the trellis scarf - it's gorgeous - lucky friends you have!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful! Lovely color.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Veronique said...

Trellis is gorgeous! Love that purple.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Ooh, is there anything more lovely than light shining through a piece of ethereal lace? I never get tired of that.

Beautiful Trellis! Your roomie is mighty lucky.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

Mmmmm, that scarf is beautiful!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Opal said...

What a divine scarf. I'm sure your roommate is going to adore it. I absolutely love that colour.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness... the scarf is truly the most beautiful thing I own... I wore it yesterday to a conference and then a concert I was in with my choir, and I was getting compliments all day! Mostly from people who thought it was store-bought (of course I corrected them and bragged about Lady Knitterly's knitting chops...), but two from knitters who were completely awed. (as well they should be.) Thank you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home