2.14.2007

USPS: We (Don't) Deliver

Since I live in an apartment building with no doorman, I frequently have to make the (approximately) five minute hike to my post office to pick up packages. (Those of you who are city dwellers are nodding your heads in agreement. Those of you who are not are saying, "Doorman? People have those? People who are not rich?" The answer is, well, yes and no. And do you think they leave packages on the front stoop of the building if no one answers the door? Ha.)

Anyway, last Friday I got one of those cards in my mailbox saying I had a package, but it took me until yesterday to actually make it to the PO. Whoever I heard about The Loopy Ewe from (Alison?), this is your fault:

New sock yarn.

Cherry Tree Hill in Cabin Fever (very autumnal).

Cherry Tree Hill in Java (mmmmm).

Claudia Hand Painted in Stormy Day (just like today).

Good thing I went yesterday - today we are having an ice storm. (They promise me snow and this is what I get.) Will somebody please tell me why the government is not closed down for this?

Nice.

I did go to Eugene Onegin last night - review to follow!

6 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Veronique said...

Ah, the Post Office... I have many tales of woes about package deliveries, be it UPS, USPS or FedEx. In fact, I still haven't received my christmas gift from my parents :(

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Opal said...

We have lock boxes by our mailboxes so the postman rarely even bothers to come to the door.

Those are gorgeous yarns! Gorgeous!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

USPS is one thing, I dread missing UPS, that's a nice little trip to the south Bx :)

Loving the yarn p0rn.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger southern gal said...

One of the things I LOVE about my new dwelling in the little village on the Hudson River - is that I have a FRONT PORCH! (well, half of it - my side of the front porch that is-there are four apts in our little house). And I am BFF with my mailman (hi Juan) and my UPS man (hi Rob) cause practically everything I needed for the apt after I moved Fall 05 I ordered online and on ebay... so we all got to be VERY GOOD FRIENDS. Mr UPS even would bring my plant boxes up the long alleyway (its a railroad) and leave them on the patio in the back! (great guy!)


and you are going to hate me cause they leave the boxes on the porch and its SAFE!

but then again I envy that you can take the bus to the MET so I guess we are even.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Always happy to enable :-) Gorgeous stuff. I especially like that Java!

The USPS - Rain, snow or sleet, my foot. Our mailman didn't deliver our mail yesterday and I saw him on another street in the neighborhood earlier. I guess our street hadn't been plowed yet and he couldn't get through. I was expecting a package!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lOVELLY, lovelly yarn! ANd I am madly checking your blog - 'cause soon my parcell is supposed to arrive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home