1.31.2007

J'adore

Words cannot express how much I love these socks. A little while ago these:


Became these:


I love the lace panels. I love the 1 x 3 moss stitch body. I love the almost-but-not-quite-solid color. I love the round and slightly crunchy yet still squishy texture of the yarn. I love the organic-ness of them.

The shot is dark, but it was the best exemplar of what I mean. (Click to make bigger.) They just flow.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Child's French Socks by Nancy Bush from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Blackberry
Needles: 4 US size 0 (2 mm) metal dpns
Size: CO 63 stitches to fit a slightly narrow US size 7 1/2 foot
Started: 23 September 2006
Finished: 31 January 2007 (This is grossly misleading - it took only 6 days to complete the second sock. Then again, maybe it illustrates my knitting habits perfectly.)
Pattern Mods: None. This pattern is perfect.


And, as it is still January 31st I have met my challange to knit (well, finish knitting anyway) a pair of socks every month. Two pair, actually, since I finished the Beaded Ribs last week.

More later...

7 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

What a wonderful pair of socks!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most certainly the pattern is perfect! I am so envy!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I love these socks! I'll have to add them to my ever growing list of wants! And naturally, purple rocks!!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Absolutely gorgeous socks. I can see why you adore them so much. And don't you just love LL?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

Whoo-hoo!! You rock, Carrie!!

I'm still on vacation, and yes (hangs head in shame) still knitting on my socks.

But I'll love them just the same, even if they do get finished in February.

These are beautiful!! And next up for me...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter said...

Oh, I love them! I want to knit everything in that book, and all with LL, the world's most perfect sock yarn. It holds up so well, too: I was just admiring how good my second pair of socks (in the Sand Ridge colorway) still look after a year and a half.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Code Purl said...

Those socks are just gorgeous. That's really ambitious of you to try to knit a pair of socks per month. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home