1.29.2007

Three More

Two more quick things. (A proper post soon, I promise!)

1. A weekend of opera is condusive to knitting an entire sock and more!

2. The inability to read instructions causes the incorrect knitting of the toe of a sock, causing the unknitting of the toe of said sock.

3. I have done this twice.

I got all the way to the last decreases of the toe, counted the stitches left, and wondered why there were four too many on the top. Then I read the pattern and realized that not only had I forgotten the very first decrease after the last pattern repeat, I also didn't knit any plain rows before the toe decreases proper (there should be four of them).

I also realized throughout all of this that the first sock, the one started back in September, is also knitted wrong and contains one less pattern repeat than is strictly called for. It probably is missing the four plain rows as well with my luck. (I haven't examined it that closely, having chucked it across the room when I realized my mistake.) Seeing as how the sock is actually a wee bit short I believe I actually need said pattern repeat to make these socks the most enjoyable they can be. Who would have thought that Nancy Bush actually knew what she was talking about? Apparently not me. I am dutifully shamed and bow down before the sock goddess. So not only did I have to unknit one sock, when I am done with this one I am going to have to unknit the other as well.

There are two days left to January - will they be done in time? Tomorrow's Cav & Pag will complicate things... (it's another early curtain too - what was I thinking?)

Secret knitting is progressing, but will likely not be finished by the end of January...

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Code Purl said...

Hi,
I saw your blog on the New York City Knitters ring and thought you might be interested in my knitting group The Upper East Side Knitters. Visit our website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UESKnitters/ to join. We meet Tuesday nights at the Starbuck on York Ave. and East 80th St from 7-9 pm.
Take care!
Jen

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Augh. How frustrating. My thoughts are with you. At least it's just the toes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home