1.26.2010

Spoilers (2 and 3)

The name of the game for men folk is simple. This the Fisherman's Watchcap from Knitting With Balls.

2010-01-26_fishermans_rib_watchcap.jpg

It's made with Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted that was left over/ the same as what I used for the Basketweave Scarf I gave my father for Christmas last year. In order to get enough bulk out of the yarn I knit it held double. This hat has a nice shape, plus uses a really squishy brioche stitch for the ribbed brim. I'm expecting it will be quite warm.

For the sister's boyfriend, a Classic World War II Watch Cap with cables:

2010-01-26_cabled_hat.jpg

This one is also knit with the same Nature Spun held double. The ribbing is a simple 2x2 and the cable a simple six stitch pattern. I'm hoping that the recipient's head isn't too much bigger than mine is, because there isn't a lot of room in this one!

I couldn't get very good pictures this time around - it's so dark and grey in winter!

2010-01-26_fishermans_rib_watchcap_and_cabled_cap.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home