2.15.2009

New Things

Back in the day when the streets weren't all flooded out and we actually received mail deliveries, the postman delivered a couple of packages. I told myself I was not allowed to play with the contents of the packages until a certain sweater have two sleeves, but alas, I am weak. Said sweater still does not have two sleeves - in fact it does not even have one. The issue is that I decided to knit the sleeves in the round, thus eliminating the need for bothersome seaming later on. In doing so I also eliminated any means of increasing evenly in the lace pattern and am stuck at what to do about this. I can't increase invisibly. I can't not increase because then I won't be able to bind off at the bottom of the sleeve cap. What to do, what to do...

So instead of contemplating ripping back the entire sleeve thus far instead I broke my own rule and started in on the pretty:

2009-02-14_BGDspindle2.jpg

Interestingly, overcast does not equal perfect light for taking photos. We have here the second installment of the Butterfly Girl Designs fiber and spindle club, a Murano foil spindle (I think 0.8 or 0.9 oz, although I can't find the paper right now) and a lovely batt called That Old Black Magic, a purple & black merino & bamboo blend. So even though it looks pretty much identical to the Twilight I was contemplating spinning next, it is not. I got a little overzealous and am almost 1/4 of the way through the fiber.

Moving on.

Next up is a source joy and light in the world:

2009-02-14_pound_of_wool.jpg

That, my friends, is a pound of natural black Shetland from Spunky Eclectic, which will eventually become (hopefully) a lovely vest for me. I know there's no real scale to the photo, but trust me when I say it's a lot of fiber to contemplate spinning on a spindle. It's more than the sum total of fiber I have spun to date.

Oh gulp.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Wow, that's a purdy little thing there, ma'am! Loving the purple too -- great package all round.

A pound? A POUND?!?!? Yikes.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Opal said...

gorgeous purple! i've really been drawn to the purple of late.

a pound of fiber on a spindle? woo. you go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home