9.25.2007

Cursed

Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay! My package from Knitpicks came today! New needles! Tilted Duster! Yay!

2007-09-25_knitpicks.jpg

Oh.

If you look closely you will see that those are the Knitpicks Options GODDAMNDOUBLEPOINTEDNEEDLES. I did not want more large gauge double pointed needles. I do not need more large gauge double pointed needles. I however am apparently the new owner of some large gauge double pointed needles.

Sigh.

I don't think it is worth it to send them back. Well, that's not really true. I don't think it is worth the effort to send them back. I am lazy. I don't want to have to scrounge for a box and magic-marker the existing print and peel off the labels to reuse it, and I don't feel like buying a brand-new box to send them back. I guess I could always use some extra needles. Man, I am SO PISSED. This whole spectacle was supposed to SAVE ME MONEY. Now I have to go buy MORE new needles, because, as you may remember, I still don't have any needles to finish the Tilted Duster. This was not the fault of Knitpicks. I went back and looked at my order. This only proves that I can take inattentiveness to a level very near art form.

I did get this book. I have only flipped through once, but I am pleased. And also need some new tools. Sheesh.

We have seams!

2007-09-25_we_got_seams.jpg

Well, one seam, anyway. It's possible that Mrs. Darcy is not quite the quiet proper English lady she pretends to be, but may in fact be a voodoo master, sabotaging my efforts to even aquire the tools necessary to finishing the Duster, all the better to monopolize my time. Well, it's working. The left front is done and is soaking, and one sleeve is blocked. (Did I mention that before? One sleeve is done!) And the right front is sewn to the back (it matched up perfectly). I'm not convinced the sleeve is good enough. It's really long. Really really long. And, I decreased the number of stitches to accomodate my bird arms, but I think I decreased too much. The sleeve fits, but it is unlikely I would be able to wear anything underneath without cutting off the circulation to my hands. So, I think I am going to try the second sleeve a bit bigger. The astute reader will realize that this means, at minimum, I will need to knit three sleeves. Ahem. (What is wrong with me?)

Time to break out the new needles.

5 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Veronique said...

Oh no! I think it's worth the extra effort to return them and get the circs you need!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I'm so sorry Knit Picks screwed up your order. I would feel the same way about returning them though. I hate mailing out packages.

Mrs. Darcy is looking fabulous, BTW. :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Return them, just because they will be SO HEAVY to work with. What a bummer, I am forever doing stuff like that.

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could turn them into cat toys. Or play pick-up-sticks with your coworkers.

Send them back, because otherwise you'll get annoyed every time you look at them!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

you lazy???? come on! Send them back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home