5.28.2007

They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha Ha)

They're coming to take my computer, that is. And all the rest of my stuff, which I will be officially without for some 2 - 3 weeks. Somebody help me. So, this may be the last post for a while (like 2 - 3 weeks) depending on the "situation" at the other end. But before that happens, enjoy another completed project!


Project Specs:
Pattern: Gentleman's Socks (With Lozenge Pattern) by Nancy Bush from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock (100% superwash merino) in Java, 1 hank (420 yds/ 4oz)
Needles: 5 size 0 metal dpns
Size: To fit a slightly narrow US ladies size 7 1/2
Started: 11 May 2007
Finished: 25 May 2007
Pattern Mods: As mentioned before, I used only 75% of the stitches throughout to fit my US size 7 1/2 ladies foot. This meant casting on only 54 stitches for the cuff and increasing up to 60 for the body of the sock. Worked approximately 75% of the rows as written for the heel flap, picked up the same proportion of stitches for the gusset, and decreased back down to 54 stitches for the foot. One other thing I did do to try to get a snug fit (since 60 stitches is a tad on the big size for me and I have small ankles) was to switch to size 00 needles for the instep only after working the heel flap. I switched back to size 0 when I finished decreasing back to the original 54 stitches. I don't know if it made a difference, but the socks fit very nicely indeed.


Of course I cast on right away for another pair, because I am insane and packing is not stressful enough without random yarn strewn about the place.


I am having a hard time committing to putting the yarn in the boxes. I keep thinking, what if I need it? As if they don't sell yarn in northern California. The books and magazines are (mostly) all packed, and I am experiencing knitting withdrawl. Here's one item that is not getting packed in a box, even though she thinks she is:

What? I so fit in this box.

10 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Good luck with the move!! I'm sure it will all go off without a hitch!

Your socks are lovely!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger schrodinger said...

Great socks!! We're going to miss you while your computer's away - good luck with all that packing and moving, I don't envy you (but it will be worth it in the end).

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Love the socks! Be safe! I'll miss you!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Good luck with the move and enjoy your last days in New York (sniff,sniff)!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Java lozenges! (Hmmm, reminds me of the candies my favorite tapas bar gives you with the check instead of mints...) Beautiful socks, really. I covet them. And I wish you all the best for your big move - welcome back to the west!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Great looking socks

Love the cat in the box! What is it with cats and boxes? No matter the size they manage to squeeze in and then shoot you the "thanks for finally getting your crap out of here so I can get some rest" look.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great great socks, but my eyes are on that skirt! I am dreaming of sewing one for me!

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um ok, first of all, there is a yarn store less than 1 mile from your new place, so HA!!! Second, since I now am happily internet-restored, I can actually read what you are doing, so you have to start writing again. Third, which pot did you plant the mango in? Beause something is sprouting and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Oh, and one of the cute squirrels has been nibbling on the parsley. *grin*

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, where are you??? Because I KNOW the truck arrived, and your Dear Readers are waiting...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Your Gentlemans Socks are wonderful! I just love the colorway.

And your kitty is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home