4.04.2007

A Little of This, A Little of That

A little of this and that has occurred since the past post. A little bit of knitting has produced a Mason-Dixon Ballband Dishcloth, destined to be a little gift for my grandmother, along with some lovely handmade soap I got at a fair some time ago:

A little more knitting has produced one sock. Et voilà, I give you Anna Bell's Elfine:

These little elfines are taking forever. I do like the pattern though, as well as the yarn, Claudia's Hand Painted in Eat Your Veggies. This combination of pattern and yarn, however, remind me of fragrant evening breezes, the cool white light of a full moon, and the gentle trickle of a fountain. I have dubbed these socks Midnight in the Garden. We'll see if the name sticks when the mate to this lonely sock is complete.

Some cleaning was accomplished, including replacing the light bulb in the hall light. (You have to understand that we have 10 foot ceilings and no ladder. Changing the light bulb consisted of my standing on a stool balanced on a kitchen ladder. Ha ha.) The light bulb that came out of the fixture?:

Have you ever seen a 55 watt light bulb?

And, finally, opera was imbibed:

Glorious.

5 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, HOORAY, I have some of that 'Eat your Veggies' in my stash, so glad to see it knit up...

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous sock! I've always been curious about that yarn and that pattern. It's great to see both in action.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sock! I have that sock pattern in my file waiting for right time to come to knit it!

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 55 watt light bulbs are GE Miser, which were/are a slightly lower wattage bulb that was supposed to save electricity while giving only a slightly lower amount of light. Being an ill conceived concept, I don't think they're made anymore.
However, I do have a few boxes of old GE Miser bulbs in my garage from the former owners. I only use the flourescent screw in bulbs to save power so I doubt I'd ever use them. But they are a fun little novelty sometimes.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Pretty elfines! The pattern looks so great in that colorway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home