5.02.2007

I Lied

I said on the SAM3 blog that I would do a photo shoot of the finished Elfines yesterday.

I lied.

I did not do a photo shoot today either.

In lieu of socks I give you Sakura Matsuri at the Brooklyn Botantic Garden, which my parents, roommate, and I went to on Sunday:

Got off the train here. Nope, didn't go to the museum.

Saw lots of these!

"Every living thing from a living thing." - Louis Pasteur

Traditional Japanese fan dancing.

It is also apparently Tulip Time!
(Click to make bigger to
witness the gorgeous variety of tulips on display.)

It was a nice time with beautiful art exhibits, music, and dance, not to mention some pretty spectacular plants, but as you can tell from the photos the weather was not so nice - it overcast, windy, and even a little drizzly. Those cherry trees were pretty much all blooming, but almost no petals were falling yet.

Will we see socks on parade tomorrow? Only time will tell...

5 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous flowers. I'm glad to see you posting again. I've missed you!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

Pretty! I was just thinking of you tonight and was going to email you.

We completely missed the Cherry Blossom Festival here in DC....maybe next year.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

The tulips are gorgeous! But give up the Elfines!:) And what's up? Inquiring minds you know... :)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

I'm glad you missed the thunderstorms yesterday! Those tulips are very pretty, who cares about knitting pictures? No! Serious, it will wait for you, for it's moment of glory.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a healing pics - a sight for sore eyes! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home