5.22.2007

Oops! (I Did It Again)

Ha! You didn't know I knew any pop culture references, did you? Anyway, in between packing and not packing (aka procrastinating), oh, and work too, I may have accidentally bought some Noro Silk Garden:


I may have accidentally cast on for something too:


Have no fear though, the Gentleman's Sock (with Lozenge Pattern) is not forsaken. I have turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches, so it's all down hill from here. I will not fall into the same trap you did, Veronique! I know that trap all too well (ahem, Absorba, ahem).

Sunday morning was bright and sunny on the Upper East Side, and I caught these guys having a frolic across the way from my porch:


Can't see? How about now:


Though the babies aren't that small anymore they sure do like to play rough and tumble! Cuteness cubed.

I am trying to cut the coffee out of my diet, or at least reduce it somewhat. I'm two days down so far. (Plus we have a crap-load of tea to drink in the next month.) You can perceive the depths of my coffee-centric-ness by my automatic assumption that the Java colorway referred to coffee. It occurred to me the other day that perhaps it refers to the island.

Hmmmm.

PS Packing sucks.

5 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Do knitters in your ring make hats for folks that have lost their hair from chemotherapy ? I do. I can send a few pictures. Not a knitter but a looper. Hats replace the hair, insulation and body image while hair regrows. Susan
ibpoeow@yahoo.com

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yeah, packing basically blows. Just remember to get rid of any crap that you don't absolutely need!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

OMG. OMG. I think I know what that is!! It's going to be so much fun...

I keep meaning to comment: CONGRATULATIONS on the job!!! Though packing does suck (I've started with our new house move), what's on the other end will be awesome. Yay, you!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Hip-hip-hooray for all those accidences!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Oh beautiful Noro, how I love thee. ;-) I'm simply dying of curiosity. What are you knitting? I want to say Lady Eleanor, but I really can't see enough to guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home