3.14.2007

Stop the Madness

So, Monday night I ate an egg roll that was contaminated by some nut product - had to have been because I ended up sicker than a dog and unable to anything more taxing than lying on the couch for hours on end. Then, a little work called Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg Tuesday night prevented any further major sock knitting. These two events, combined with the necessity of my holding down a job and sleep for at least six hours a night have had dire consequences in the competitive sock knitting arena.

1 1/4 socks knitted Wednesday afternoon.

Yup, I'm out. It turns out that, although I like knitting socks, and I can knit them fairly quickly when required, I am not actually motivated to knit them in any sort of speed competition. Also, I have other interests that sometime take precedence! So, thanks for all your well-wishes friends - I guess I'm not worthy. I am getting better at the whole color-change thing though.

But you can't see it here, 'cause it's on the other side - ha!

Patience, Grasshopper. You will, of course, hear all about the musical entertainment of the past week anon.

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I think you are worthy - and it's okay!:) Sometimes life, and living gets in the way of constant knitting - I know, the sacrifices we must make! :) Take care!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Opal said...

You're still a winner in my book!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Maybe you're built for comfort and not speed? Love the color changes, looks great.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

Sorry to hear about the nut contamination, hope all is well now. I can imagine that I wouldn't much enjoy racing with my knitting - well, I'm pretty poor with knitting deadlines anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home