3.14.2008

How to Get Your Veggie On

But first, because we have to prepare for the upcoming DWTS, which starts next week, how to get your tango on:

PRESS PLAY


These two have beautiful lines, and the music is fantastic. Just ignore the chatter, if you can. :)

So, I was all rockin' it out on the second sleeve of TD, when this happened:

2008-03-14_hijacked.jpg
Mine.

Yeah, Mary climbed inside and claimed it for her own. Apparently Eco + is warm and cozy. Right now she is trying to apply the principles of felting by taking a bath inside the sweater. Hrm.

Well I following through with my dinner plan and made the Ultimate Veggie Burgers, and... success! You start with some chickpeas:

2008-03-14_veggie1.jpg

These were some dried organic ones, but don't they look fresh? I soaked them overnight, drained them in the morning and refrigerated, then simmered over very low heat for about an hour. Note to self: 1/2 cup of dried chickpeas yields about 1 1/2 cups rehydrated.

Then I processed them in the food processor with some other stuff and mixed in a bowl with yet other stuff:

2008-03-14_veggie2.jpg
Chickpeas, eggs and salt processed up, with onion, lemon zest, and cilantro added.

Then you add some other things (sprouts and breadcrumbs) and fry them up! I put them in the fridge to flatten them more easily and evenly. I made a half batch too, in case I didn't like them, but boy, I should have done the full amount. The sandwiches they make are petite (two would make a meal, or one with a side) and are really pretty to boot:

2008-03-14_veggie3.jpg
Mine is topped with tomato, avocado, and sprouts.

Sprouts, sprouts and more sprouts, because now I have a big bag I have to eat up right quick. But yum, you must try this. I am extremely tempted to buy Heidi's book now (Super Natural Cooking). Ah, the power of a freebie.

One more exciting thing happened on this morning:

2008-03-14_nasturtium_bud_early_morning.jpg
I call it "Nasturtium Bud in the Blue Early Morning Light".

Maybe tomorrow there will be a flower? 

That's it for me. DST still sucks, and is sucking the life out of me, and I now have two comfy kitties half on top of me. Actually, I am witnessing kitty history: Lily is half on top of Mary and no biting is happening!

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Mmm. Homemade veggie burgers. You always get me so hungry!

Mary is so sweet. I want to hug her and kiss her and call her George!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home