11.16.2007

Dear Blog,

My job is trying to kill me. Regular blogging will resume as soon as I have vanquished it. If, instead, it vanquishes me, well don't hold your breath waiting to hear from me.

Miss you,

Carrie

PS Every kind of seed I planted 2 weeks ago has sprouted! Yes, possibly folly trying to grow things in the winter, but I live in zone 9b, which rarely dips below freezing, and even then only briefly. I have planted all cool weather and/or winter-hardy things too: carrot, rutabaga, turnip, radish, parsnip, snap peas, fava beans, bunching onion, winter lettuce, bok choy, mustard greens, nasturtium. I also planted dill and cilantro, we'll see what happens with those. My summer basil, while still alive, is not looking too well - I think the problem though actually is that they need a larger pot. Lowest temps of the season so far have been about 40 (which was a tad unusual, and a few weeks ago).

5 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Pesky work. Ahh.. but that bringin' home the bacon thing is so important.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

Dear Blog -

Please save Carrie from her job - don't let it kill her. Give her peace and relaxation when she leaves the office:) It's so hard to leave all the crap behind - knitting helps?!

Take care!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

And we are missing you, too!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger schrodinger said...

Oooh, that work, it's such a PITA isn't it? I hope that it gets better for you FAST. Congrats on the seed growing though :)

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeds! Nasturtiums! Sprouts!

Job? Hmmmph.

If you want a nice break, come visit. *grin* You can hide in my apartment and I'll make you my wicket eggplant parm.

Oh, and I am wearing your beautiful white socks with the leaf pattern today... my feet and I are very, very happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home