10.21.2007

We Interrupt this Fair Isle Knitting...

To bring you chilly kitterns snuggling...

2007-10-18_snuggle.jpg

Sort of. Well, anyway, when it gets cold they both like to be on the blanket. I think the trick is to make the blanket smaller and smaller until they are piled on top of each other!

I've not done any further knitting on the fair isle piece since yesterday. Contrary to popular belief, it is actually a lot easier than it looks (to those who have never done it). It is quite a bit bigger since the photo, but no new photos yet. I'm putting that bad boy at about 25% complete. What I have been toiling away at is my Tilted Duster. I realized that in order to participate in NaKnitSweMo in the way in which I would like I will really have to clear my needles of the sweater in progress first. Luckily I am getting close. I have about 6 more rows left on the skirt (about an hours knitting maybe - the rows are quite long) and then I just need to knit the collar and set in the sleeves. Knitter know thyself. This time I will not forget buttons require a certain amount of space to fit through in order to actually, you know, button.

I have also spent some time this weekend being amazed at my parsley and chive patch...
2007-10-21_parsley_forest.jpg

I've never had much luck with parsley in the past, so I thought I would throw the two together and hope for the best with the parsley. What I got was a carpet of parsley such that it has become something of a test to locate the chives. Find the chives and you win the chance to cook with it!

My basil, on the other hand, has not been doing as well...
2007-10-21_basil_not_forest.jpg

This is just one of the three really sad specimens that survived to quasi-adulthood. I may have to try again - I was hoping for bushes! Those other little things in there with the basil are chamomile plants, very slow growing I have to say, but seemingly holding their own.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did we both wind up with calicos? It's like a prom moment, except more like "hey, you're wearing the same cat as me!"

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Opal said...

I bet you have your hands full with those two. It's good to see them getting along so well though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home