5.15.2008

Well Call Me Chicken Little

2008-05-15_gas_prices.jpg

Now this is not the cheapest station on my drive home but neither is it the most expensive. Yes, I know today was a Spare the Air day here in the Seventh Level of Hell, I mean, sunny California (what is up with this weather?) but my bike needs a tune-up and I woke up very late this morning. I did not think it was worth getting fired over, especially now that I can start biking to work again since the morning temps are closing in on the 60s. And after I get it tuned up. Sigh.

Hey, how about a more cheery photo?

2008-05-14_ladybug.jpg

Now I am no entomologist, but I believe this is Coccinella californica, also known as the California ladybird beetle, as my guy looks just like the ones in the photo. (You know, a ladybug, but not one of those evil invasive Asian varieties.) I think he may be native. Yay for native species!

I also had a little green inchworm on my lettuce this morning, but the camera was not handy. I love you, little green inchworm, but please stop eating my lettuce. Thank you!

Knitting, knitting... you know, it is hard to knit when it is 50 million degrees outside. But, block 16 of Absorba is finally done, all 20 purl ridges of it, and the next side is picked up and ready to go. 80% complete. I just have to keep reminding myself that the end is in sight. I can't wait, because there are a couple of other crafty home improvement projects I am keen on starting, but I will not start something new while so many other projects languish. I won't do it. It's all about willpower.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Those gas prices are just scary. It's a good thing you can bike to work!

I love that picture of the ladybug. :)

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Veronique said...

How twisted is it that I'm jealous of your weather? In NYC it's cold and rainy (but it was 70 and sunny yesterday!).
I hear you about the crafty home improvement projects :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home